Thursday, April 8, 2010

Uniform

Madam
I wish you were naked
Which is to say,
Quite simply,
Your uniform is startling
I wanted to let you know
It is ringing through my
Expectations
Like a bad taste that lingers
Just south
of where the toothbrush can reach
It reminds me
That we are not all who we say we are
And ever those who are
Aren’t really dressed for the occasion
Of honesty
Who are you?
Whoever you are to me
Is hiding behind cardigan
And knee high socks
Madam
Your uniform is startling
Please show me
The mask hiding underneath
Because at least it,
is molded to your skin
Can show me the shape
Of what is cradled within it
Your uniform is a swamp
You have been swimming
In waters
Murky enough to hide your skin
But not your face
Your naked expression
It has done you no good
That much is true,
Dear madam
Your uniform is startling
And if only for that reason,
I wish you were nude…

No comments:

Post a Comment