Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lace


The city started
to taste like sleepless nights,
My eyes wandered over
expecting a hip to distract me,
But it didn’t.
I wondered if you ever get vertigo,
If you ever almost wake up screaming,
but decide that would be inappropriate.
Life has handed me
some funny things lately
But none of them
are as pleasant as the way she tastes
The way she aches from too much work
that’s too easy to put off
Ive been off sorting some things out
And I decided, its not gray.
Its just black and white at the same time.
I spend too much time watching.
I need to stop assuming people know of my meories.
Lover,
Fuck you are gorgeous
Lover, let me ksis your spine
let it lead me to the lace I didn’t expect to find,
Lover, tis true that this, in a way, is new to me,
But its been a long time coming
Lover,
Your fingers rival your determination
Im afraid of how much you could do
And maybe im in over my head far too soon
But I feel like ive been waiting
for a woman like you.
Like life threw me a bone
because I had figured out what I needed
Just not the shape it would come in.
I haven’t experienced vertigo lately
Sleep sound as a baby,
Granted never for too long…
Clench my sheets the few nights you aren’t there and
Actually feel like they’re good enough.
Ive come to love the way this city tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment