Wednesday, May 26, 2010

drifting



Spent the night with soft slumber again
Waved hello
as quickly as I waved goodbye;
We used to be so close-

I miss the sweet taste sleep came with,
Back then.
Back when nothing could keep us from the time we spent together,
REM and I,
But why bother fight
What years filled with life
brought me to
Why bother fight
That these sunsets
and sunrises are both occupied
By thoughts and songs
And when we are lucky, arms.

The last twelve hours
Are littered with unkempt promises to myself
With the best of intentions,
I could simply never make it to.

Agreeing to let go, for now.
To rest
To recover
To prepare myself
for yet another sunrise
For yet another day
filled until that follow of sunset
I don’t regret
The few hours a day
where I belong to another world.
A softer, less critical one
Where nothing is hanging
on the hinges of distrust
Or voyeurs.
These voyages
Are my own.

Sleep.

Sleep.

Sleep again,
You will learn
that those around you
Will forgive your current state,
Will be there when you wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment