Thursday, May 27, 2010

One more run

Hello,
Health
How ya been?
I heard she saw you
Crossing the street
Waving goodbye’s
As the train went by.
You are that one celebrity,
You know you will always be loved.

Hey there
Health,
Where ever did you go?
Is the grass really greener on the other side?
And how is the neighbor’s lawn treating you?
How are you treating him?
I hear he’s getting old
And he’s told his wife
Just how he feels about you
You know its about time you pack up and move on
The song youre signing
Hasn’t known radio waves in ages
I think its time to upgrade
You're too bulky, for our generation
Our generation of small and sleek
Of fast and free.

Hi again,
Health.
So glad to have you back,
I always did love retro
And figured I didn’t belong in this era
You are my vintage friend
I’ve opened my door again
And set my pride down
Long enough to tell you I’ve missed you.
To tell you my lungs didn’t hold breath the same way without you here
My tongue hasn’t tasted ‘sweet’ in years
And these tears
Have looked more like acid rain,
When my body isn’t too dry to produce them
I was used to then,
Until you hopped on that train.
But don’t worry I understand,
I know we all need to travel
All need to leave sometime.

Goodbye again health,
It was nice to have you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment