Wednesday, June 23, 2010

East of Eden

You argued that the map pointed east
That we had been here before
And it was certainly no treat…
I know, I said.
I know.
I know how rainy Sundays aren’t always soothing
-How your laugh lines can look forced
But the west coast has given us freedom
And I may be the first one to leave
When this city can’t hold you anymore,
But I will always come back.
I will always argue that no smell like the ocean
Can make me feel at ease,
And the people on the streets here
Don’t all look like they are alone/
Our daybreak tilted an hour glass
-I feel the grinding as our time slides out-
-You can feel the friction
As I subtly escape your arms… -
I know,
I know it wasn’t easy when I went east.
So now, I am home
And I am one of those people on the streets,
It’s funny how without you I don’t look as alone
The phone has started ringing on a regular basis again
And I wake up when the sun shines through my window
I feel like the widow to a city that died for me some time ago
Don’t believe all the hype about new York
I’ve been trying to write this piece for months now
Trying to decide
How I could find the words to say
I don’t miss it anymore
That the shore line took me back
Graciously
And for this I will be grateful
There is a man here
whos smile is more honest than any i had ever seen
he is more than part of the scenery...
I am grateful.
Vancouver
you are beautiful….

No comments:

Post a Comment