Saturday, June 12, 2010

sail boat stories (ten hours of my life)

I kissed her,
And I cant say I didn’t mean to
I did.
I knew exactly what I was getting into.
I kissed her and suddenly 1 am turned 11 am,
and she was still there.
When i found her lips, I wasn’t thinking of you.
I am always thinking of you.
Maybe that’s why
It worries me,
the time you spend running circles in my mind
leaving me with empty ovals
in the shape of question marks, and arms
It worries me
How well you go through the motions
It worries me
That you don’t understand
the way I live emotions
But I wouldn’t expect you to.
Just forgive me
Please
For the lips that parted post-coffee
For the night that started with sangria,
And the knowledge that you were far away.
Forgive me, for being selfish, imperfect
Imperfect enough to hurt you.
thought maybe not as much as i thought i could.
maybe you dont feel, quite as i do
Forgive me,
Because I panicked,
when I told you I loved you
you know I have love for you
But these things are not the same.
I have so much love.
And I know,
I wasn’t meant to share it with her.
But I did.
Forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment