Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cherry Cherry woman


Cherry cherry woman
Phone lines have tied a friendship of mine
along the height of tree tops
And whenever it falls out of sight I
know there is a wire I can feed off
I will pick cherries of laughter from it
That will burst into the pit of what our days have been
Burst into early morning goodnights
you make me smile
if you could see my face at the moment…
you would be able to go to sleep ,
with the promise of sweet dreams
because I’m not always close enough to see what you’ve seen
but I know these sights have held weight
and when you tell me even if you’re early
you always feel like you’re running late,
that’s what it means
your life has held my weight
You suggested we find a fireplace
to burn 3 am fruit cores
and let the flames of everything we would hide, blaze
but all this was said in a daze of anticipated sheets
and words began to drop between pillow case and breath
you will continue to uncover the colour of our conversations while you rest
right after my voice lulls you to sleep
I tried to make it melancholy sweet
Leaving you with
the comfort of a wooden ship creaking in waves that you are ever aware can hold you,
can hold you and your loved ones.
its been a while since your essence was present away from the busy city you live in
lets go on another road trip
lets allow ourselves the time to sit
and write poetry about how we have become lovesick
with my space and your boy who’s eyes blaze a few shades brighter
when your reflection catches them
you will meet him on a bridge towards ivy fields
and I will sing you both away…

all my song will know to say, is, be beautiful..
beautiful like rip-tide devastating sand running through hands less callused
beautiful like red lipstick on a black and white photograph
beautiful like friendship
beautiful like a goddess
be beautiful, like a woman

No comments:

Post a Comment