Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hide & Seek


You know, i’d never really thought about hide and go seek before
Never noticed the underlying tones that made it feel like more than child’s play
Well im not a child anymore and I still hide today, waiting for you to find me
And for the first time contemplating what it is you’re looking for
And seeing what you might come upon .. me twisted and sore
From a long night’s careless grip and pulsing friction
Is this what you had envisioned when you said you wanted to discover me?
Because I am weak, weakest in most recent moments of strength because I didn’t own them.
Call it a superstition but it seems like a bad omen
to play such an innocent game so far from a play-pen
Ruffling the sheets and tearing off the damn corners again.
You have to look a little further because the things I am hiding lay deeper than anatomy
You wont find them by pushing through it, you see
We’re growing up, but that doesn’t mean we don’t play game anymore
Granted its not quite the same as it was before…
Because now losing doesn’t hurt so much,
Just playing does.

No comments:

Post a Comment