Tuesday, March 2, 2010

please promise..

that When you reach these parts of me
you will know to take your shoes off at the door
In fact, leave it all outside.
Your clothing and skin,
Any traces of the places you’ve been before
Leave this kingdom as clean as you found it.
Even if you find it in a dreadful state
because the taste of you will linger here
The taste of you will linger near the window frames
Your finger prints on its panes
Trying to send a message to the outside world
where I am this person you see right now.

I know you don’t understand
how I come about
How she disappears
if you aren’t near internal holy grounds
but
They have found
that honesty is not always the best policy
Believe me.
I do my best.
And the rest of my intentions
stay cradled warmly.
Waiting for another index.
Your palm is my safety blanket
You read my past on the texture of my skin
and now Ive been
looking for a way to tell you
Its not true
Everything that happened to me
Its not true.
And I wanted to say
It hasn’t happened to you
Lets not let anything happen ‘’to’’ us
Anymore
Lets not be those people
Left broken
Those people left sore
We are beyond that
We hold more
Than what our bodies once felt
I will make it feel differently
I promise

I will be your nursery rhyme
Telling you we have all the time in the world
To jump over the moon.
Ill hold you and sing hush little baby don’t you cry
I will sing you every lullaby
i know
But For now
You have hidden parts of yourself away...
I know where to find them
"hill and vale and slumber sleeping
I my loved ones watch am keeping"
And when I uncover them I will do so gently
Like lifting the soother from a baby
Just trust me.
My discretion quietly gloved
tonight
you will be the first woman I have ever loved

I will make you the kind of memory history is made of

No comments:

Post a Comment