Wednesday, March 17, 2010

There are flowers on the bridge today



You asked what my favorite petal
felt like
I came close to telling you
it feels like the reason
they are here this morning
It feels like decaying love
Lingering on the steps of ‘forget’
Sitting patiently
on the lips of those
who don’t care to name their mourning.
This is a step
In the direction of next
Of say goodbye to antidotes
And wake up to clarity

To foggy, windswept, heart breaking clarity

You may need to fix yourself a stiff drink
But be wary of what lurks in the bottom of that glass
That too full glass
is no more than a hallucination
Do you really want to believe that it is still alive?

There are flowers on the bridge today
I left them there to commemorate
the absence of myself
At least parts that I had loved dearly
Pieces of honesty
that I am re-accumulating all too slowly

No comments:

Post a Comment